Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Squirrel resistent Screen

On Wed, 13 May 2020 20:54:16 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2020 16:38:16 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2020 08:01:46 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have a sliding glass door the opens to a patio w/sliding screen door.

Problem: Screen is tore up from squirrels climbing the screen.
No idea why they want to climb it. Suspicion is that the previous owners of the home fed the squirrels ?

Replacement: (4 options)
1.) Aluminum Screen 2.) Standard Fiberglass screen, 3.) Extra Strength Fiberglass screen. 4.) Extra-Heavy 'Pet Friendly' Fiberglass screen.

Anyone have experience w/'Pet Friendly' fiberglass screen (Found it at Home Depot) ?

Anyone have any ideas how to detour the squirrels ?

Anyone ever had this problem before ?

Thank you.

Be careful with any squirrel talk here in AHR. There are people here who
might say when food comes right up to your door, the last thing you do is
try to chase it away. Door to dinner plate is a short trip for some.

Me, not so much.

I am fattening up my squirrels for the apocalypse. I have a gopher
turtle farm going back there and the Chokoloskee chickens are grazing
in my front yard. I usually have a few manatee around here too

A country boy will survive.

Don't let the gators and snakes get your food.