Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] babsybutler@gmail.com is offline

Default Latex Paint - Tacky/Sticky finish days after painting - Solutions?

I painted my kitchen cabinets which one we bought the house they said was fairly new and it was painted over God knows what plywood and then painted like it had a wood texture. it was much too dark for tiny kitchen so I painted the upper cabinets in a white oil-based paint and they are fine. Other than a couple of chips from somebody slamming stuff into them, they are washable and still look beautiful and this is over 20 years ago. I got lazy because I was pregnant and did the bottom cabinets with the same color but in latex paint. It is still tacky! When I say tacky, it's disgusting to touch any harder to clean because it takes some of the latex and peels it back. I am in no financial position to place my kitchen cabinets and I need to get this latex stuff off of them. I even use my fingernail when I'm sitting here watching TV in my kitchen and peel what I can peel. What can I do to get this crap off of the cabinets and then prepare them for another painting with oil paint?