Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default MK Essentials

Scott wrote in
:

On Mon, 11 May 2020 11:01:27 GMT, John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:

did not expect one to shear off
when using a standard screwdriver. I thought MK would be able to
extract and replace the screw (which I assume is standard) but to
my surprise they replaced the product instead.

Surely the cheapest option for them - the cost to them would be pence
- and they would be unlikely to have someone in the office with the
tools to extract a screw.

That was what I expected. And I think it's more than an office there.
I considered making an attempt myself.

But a modern production facility would not be able to do it and someone in
the office where the mail is opened would not be able to wander around
trying to find someone to fix it - just not the way things are done
nowadays.