Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Ford V8

On Saturday, 9 May 2020 16:50:56 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 09/05/2020 16:19, Weatherlawyer wrote:
The reason I asked is that Tesla development is in the same place that petrol engines were back then. Goodness knows what is in store for their development, once the environmental turkeys have been removed out of everybody's way.

No.
Electric car motors and batteries are already as near perfect as they
can be got.

In the 1930s a car would do 40mpg
a car today will do....40 mpg..

let them."

Please excuse me. I am only just beginning to remember you are an idiot. IIRC the early versions of the People's Vagen could barely return 30mph. I can't believe that you know nothing about liquid battery cell development in the last few years.

You don't really believe that a mid-1930's first generation solid block 8 cylinder 1/4 ton of cast iron was capable of even glancing at a peak of 40mph on rural US highways, even downhill.