Stormin Mormon

Default Air Conditioning Repair

I did a line repair one time on something inside a reach in
cooler. Cut open a length of ACR tubing, and put that around
the bad part. Dribble some solder in, and it held. I didn't
think of wrapping with copper wire, and then solder. Thanks
for an interesting idea.

I susepct the copper plug will leak enough to be a problem,
though.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Stormin Mormon writes:

Mighta worked on rubber AC hoses, but I doubt it will do
much good on copper.

A 1/16" hole in a 300 psi line requires less than a pound of
force to seal.
well within the capabilities of a scrap of rubber convered
with a hose
clamp.

Another technique is to whip with copper wire and then
solder.

Analysis and improvisation work when the "correct" stuff
isn't at hand, or
too costly, often better. Many factory parts are
cost-reduced to bare
minimum performance for the task, and you can cobble up
something stronger
than the original.