Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Pulling or pushing a wheelbarrow?

Only when you encounter steps up, Its normally far easier to pull it up a
step than to push it up and that goes for one or two wheels.
Its the angle of the handles to the centre of the wheel that causes this.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"NY" wrote in message
Given a wheelbarrow that has two wheels side by side (as opposed the
normal "unicycle" ones), with a wraparound handle that is parallel with
the axle rather than the normal separate handles that are each
perpendicular to the axle...

Is it better to pull or push a wheelbarrow, assuming that it is loaded so
as much of the weight is over the axle, with a little more on the side
closer to the handle. By "pull" I mean walking forwards, towing the barrow
behind me with hands level with buttocks, not facing the barrow and
walking backwards!