Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Pulling or pushing a wheelbarrow?

"NY" wrote in message
Given a wheelbarrow that has two wheels side by side (as opposed the
normal "unicycle" ones), with a wraparound handle that is parallel with
the axle rather than the normal separate handles that are each
perpendicular to the axle...

Is it better to pull or push a wheelbarrow, assuming that it is loaded so
as much of the weight is over the axle, with a little more on the side
closer to the handle. By "pull" I mean walking forwards, towing the barrow
behind me with hands level with buttocks, not facing the barrow and
walking backwards!

Depends on what you mean by better. Its normally less effort to
pull it but you can steer better pushing it. I take the wheelie bin
out, which we put on the kerb, by pulling, particularly when its
full of heavy stuff.