Mike J

Default electrician overcharged me!

xrongor wrote:

yeah, but in the end its not really a 'criminal' offense. you wont be

going
to jail. at worst you will pay a small fee, and maybe hurt your credit
rating a little. plus it will take the guy forever to press any civil
charges, and cost him money.

"Jim85CJ" wrote in message
"but in the end its not really a 'criminal' offense"
my wife used to write up the papers for an attorney who went after
people who passed bad checks. you can go to prison.

Everything depends on state/jurisdiction you are in. Also it would be very
difficult to

prosecute somebody, who got cheated, "felt bad" and cancelled the
payment....

Laws were written to target individuals, who open new account and write
number of

bad checks, with knowledge of insufficient funds.

This sounds like civ dispute case.

Don't get me wrong attorneys can always send threats, but this would not be
an easy

for her/him case to win. Call 10 electricians get average price. Show that
charged price was

unreasonable. File complains, document, document, document....

( And never, ever, ever again sign w/a, w/c if you don't agree with it )

Offer $300 - $400 settlement. Write "full & final settlement payment" on the
check. move on.