Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Ford V8

On Saturday, 9 May 2020 15:18:15 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
How does the first Ford compare to the latest iteration, that is how
does the 1930's environmentalist compare to the 2020 version?

About 5% of the output. About the same input. ;-)

When you think that engine bearings were poured, not fitted 100 years ago and the best oils needed to be washed out after each change, oil filters were just oiled mesh and timing was a matter of guesswork, I think that the early cars were remarkable by the time of these 1930's relics.

They came of age with the Ford. By WW2 they were making 30 and 40 litre monsters the same way. It is easy to forget the quantum leaps we are capable of.

The reason I asked is that Tesla development is in the same place that petrol engines were back then. Goodness knows what is in store for their development, once the environmental turkeys have been removed out of everybody's way.