Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

In article , PoP
wrote:

I don't have sympathy for those within the system that know how to
bleed it dry and who live off the system.

Few apart from "bleeding hearts" do in my opinion.

But I do have sympathy for
those who find themselves out of work through no reasonable fault of
their own.

These *are* the folk who are deserving of help and support. Anyone can fall
on hard times and I would advocate as much assistance as possible to get
them back on their feet. Most people have the pride to want to earn their
keep.

They are treated very harshly by the job centre, at a time
when their world is turned upside down trying to cope with financial
demands they can no longer meet.

Quite. Sadly they get so many of the other sort that perhaps they can't tell
the difference any more? I think just the injustice and indignity of it all
would stop me claiming benefit, although as self employed, I believe that I
must pay in to the system but am not entitled to take out. :-(