Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

It happens that Adrian Caspersz formulated :
Probably right. LG wants you to buy their soundbar thingy.

Or you could splash out on one of these.
https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-srs-l...eaker/p3425583

I have an older soundbar and had thought I might need to buy a new one,
when I bought the TV, but for a TV, the sound is surprisingly good on
the built in speakers.

I have tried various sound settings in the TV, but nothing seems to have
helped - has anyone found a fix.

There is a sound installation setting for whether you have the set free
standing or attached to the wall.

It has a thing called 'Magic sound tuning' which works to tweak the
audio using the mic in the remote control.

There is another thing called 'Auto
Volume'. Play with those?

That was on, I have just turned it off and it seems to have helped, but
I need more exposure to it to be sure. Thanks..

Ultimately, it's American influence of the program providers. Remove the case
and fit bass blocking capacitors in series with the speaker leads.