Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Improving worktops

Murmansk wrote:
A friend of mine doesn't like her fitted kitchen. She's thought of
painting the units a different colour but is worried she'll then be
annoyed by the worktops, which are standard chipboard with a rounded edge
and wood-effect surface.

Without changing all the worktops what other ways are there to improve
them at reasonable cost? Are there companies that will re-cover them or
maybe paint them with super-tough paint?

I saw a €˜skin which was about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and looked like marble
once. I doubt it was a DIY job. It looked like marble once fitted etc. I
think in was some kind of resin / marble compound.

--
https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking