Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Improving worktops

I'd not go down the paint alley way, its not going to be any good. I am also
a little troubled by paint on kitchen cabinets, often finished in some kind
of plastic pretend wood or similar. So if the kitchen is merely not liked
because of colour, personally I'd learn to live with the colour!

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Murmansk" wrote in message
A friend of mine doesn't like her fitted kitchen. She's thought of painting
the units a different colour but is worried she'll then be annoyed by the
worktops, which are standard chipboard with a rounded edge and wood-effect
surface.

Without changing all the worktops what other ways are there to improve
them at reasonable cost? Are there companies that will re-cover them or
maybe paint them with super-tough paint?