Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_9_] soup[_9_] is offline

Default What bicycle(?) pump is this?

On 06/05/2020 03:26, Andy Burns wrote:

Usually there's a locking lever

Not on this version there isn't.

My track pump has one

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...gVpDa&usqp=CAc
(Not this model ;just in case you didn't know what one looked like)

but the one I travel about with doesn't

https://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk/...33-800x600.jpg
(again similar to mine but not the particular one )

Note :- the small hand pump can do high volume OR high pressure,
middle length of barrel can be opened to allow greater `volume or fitted
inside greater diameter barrel to allow higher pressure to be applied .
I have never actually used this feature (bit gimicky for my taste but
it was cheap and was available when the other more expensive 'wee' pump
broke whilst I was out on a ride). The 'wee' pump has no pressure gauge
so it is pretty much pump until tyres are hard job. Then if greater
accuracy is required the big pump is used when I get home