Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default What bicycle(?) pump is this?

On 06/05/2020 08:35, AnthonyL wrote:

No but another poster has already spotted it. If this were mine I would
be checking whether this is a standard thread, for example it might well
be a BSP as used on plumbing fittings. So you might find that one of the
nuts off a compression fitting would fit, then I would see if I had a
bit of spongy rubber from which I could make the "washer" bit. I have
some foamed EVA about 12mm and 18mm thick that might do the job. Or you
could cast some "plumbing" silicone in the space, with a suitable bit of
stick where the valve should go. But you would have to decide how much
your time is worth. Another possibility might be to "glue in" one of the
flexible hoses to suit your bike valve. I'd probably use epoxy, but if
you can find a nut about the right size then hot melt glue could work as
well (relying on the nut to stop it being forced out by the gas pressure).

I know this is DIY but ...

You do know I am an engineer, don't you :-)