Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default FIOS box batteries

On Tue, 5 May 2020 16:46:17 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

In article ,
says...

Tekkie® wrote:

The batteries in the FIOS box are shot. For landline voice
only. Replace them or get a UPS? Keep in mind this box is
in the basement and I am disabled. I will have my guy in
late May to service the A/C and he can do the work. IIRC
the existing batteries have lasted 8+ years. Any opinions
or thoughts?

I'm pretty sure I've never had a UPS battery last 8 years. I've learned
to be satisfied if they make it to 4. If the FIOS batteries aren't too
expensive and you don't want a UPS for other purposes, such as powering
your router, I'd follow trader's advice and stick with what has worked
so far.

Thanks, I will see how much my guy will charge for the
battery & installation. The batteries are about $29 on
Amazon. Verizon wants $100 for the installation & $50 for
the battery. If I opt to replace the battery I will
probably be dead before the battery...

Come on, replacing the battery isn't THAT dangerous!!! BG