Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DIY rinse aid

"tim..." wrote in message

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 May 2020 10:49:27 +0000, RJH wrote:

On 5 May 2020 at 10:19:18 BST, "Spike" wrote:

On 04/05/2020 11:56, tim... wrote:

I am out of rinse aid (and am disinclined to make a special trip to
the supermarket to buy some)

can I make some more by watering down washing up liquid, or will that
not work?

Get some genuine stuff. Amazon's best seller:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finish-Rins.../dp/B0080OXKXM

2 x 800ml Finish rinse aid, choice of Original or Lemon, free delivery.

Get some dishwasher powder/tabs while you're at it...

Or just use all-in-1 tablets - removes the need for salt and rinse aid.
Haven't put either in my dishwasher for a long time . . .

Even with 3-in-1, our salt does get used ... slowly.

the salt dispensing mechanic won't know that you have 3-in-1 tab

it will dispense whatever amount of salt you have programmed regardless
what's in the soap tray

And there is no way that any tablet can have anything still in the
dishwasher in the final rinse cycle to eliminate the need for a rinse aid.