Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Connecting polypipe to lead pipe

In message , at 13:03:36 on Tue, 5 May
2020, Andy Burns remarked:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:

Because unless it's in the regs, plumbers simply won't bother.

True. Hence saying how to DIY it in this group.

I must admit, if my kitchen had been in bits for several weeks, with no
sign of that changing any week soon, I'd be DIYing it, not worrying
about whether I'd already paid a builder to sub it out to a plumber or
not.

Which I have been doing (perhaps FTE two days a week - but that's my
rate of working, not a subby with a van load of power tools I don't
have).

But some of it will eventually need signing off by building control (and
I don't claim to be an expert in what foibles they have this week) and
whether or not any discount can be had from the builder as result of all
this stuff I've been doing for him, is still to be discovered.

Perhaps I should just invoice him for £300/day plus materials, like the
other subbys?
--
Roland Perry