Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CU cable entry

In article ,
ARW wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 29/04/2020 19:18, wrote:

It looks like there are, but I can only conclude they weren't pressed
deep enough, as the whole box starts to bend under great force before
those bits show any interest in moving.

Is it similar with metal back boxes for sockets or switches where the
trick seems to be to knock out the blanking plug by giving it a quick
shock? Place the blade of a suitably sized screwdriver on the blanking
plug and hit the handle of the screwdriver with a hammer.

I tend to bash it with the end of the cutters. ;-)

That will not work on the old Eaton kit.

Not sure what that is? It's worked on all the back boxes etc I've ever
used.

--
*Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.*

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.