xrongor

Default electrician overcharged me!

you were royally screwed. purposefully. flat rate schmat rate. call it
what you like, this is bull****.

sometimes you have to be good to have good karma. other times, you need to
be the karma. i think this is one of those times.

this guy deserves to be fished. you gotta get a few fish and place them in
his car, under his porch, wherever you can. where they will die, rot, and
stink. go in to the workplace to talk about the bill and leave a few fish
above the tiles in the bathroom ceiling. be creative. it will take some
effort but it will be worth it.

it wont really accomplish anything, but hey. like i said. sometimes YOU
need to be the karma.

randy

"Snoop Drew" wrote in message
I hired an electrician from the yellow pages to replace a faulty Ground
Fault Circuit Interruptor (GFCI) in the garage, and install two new ones

in
the kitchen to bring it up to code.

The guy charged me $261 per GFCI, for a total of $783. He spent an hour to
do the job. I told him before I signed the work authorization that this
seemed expensive and asked about a discount but he just frowned. Is this
really a fair price?

Their yellow page ad reads "reasonable prices" and "complete professional

&
reliable service" with "30 years experience!!"

I don't think someone who has 30 years of professional experience would

say
that $783 is "reasonable" for installing three GFCI outlets, with no new
wires to be run.

i have no one to blame but myself, but do i have any recourse? Can't i

just
call the guy to complain and ask for a partial refund? Or can I really win
in small claims?

yes, I deserve an award for stupidity and gullability, but i think there's

special place in hell for people like this...