Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default New network cable appears slower than powerline adapters...

Jimk wrote:

(Roger Hayter) Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote:

T i m Wrote in message:
On Sun, 3 May 2020 21:16:00 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Jimk
wrote:

snip

Turns out dodgy cable connector - sorted now.

Gdgd.

Do you intend replacing both leads with a single one at some time?

See how we go.

Hmmmm. ;-(

Personally I prefer to have a continuous piece of cable from end to
end (for the reason you have discovered).

I've got 3 more connectors in stock...

Yeahbut, when they go intermittent they (or the reason you are getting
'network issues') could be a PITA.

We will see.

The only difference I can see between what I now have & what you
are pushing, is one cable connector...

And 2 x 8 contact pairs that are unattended and not wiped against each
other quite frequently by movement of the apparatus or when they happen
to be playing up. An unnecessary fault waiting to happen.

How long have I got then?
Less than the other cable ends that don't move either?

Welll if you get problems with the link the first thing you're going to
do is waggle the accessible RJ45s, isn't it. Apart from any other
disturbance dusting or vacuuming etc etc.

--

Roger Hayter