Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sidwelle@gmail.com is offline

Default Finding a hinge that matches what was on the door.

On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 2:33:18 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 4/29/20 9:14 PM, sid wrote:
We have a project of changing the hardware on the doors in the house from brass to Satin Nickel. The problem that I have is that the hinges on the doors appear to be proprietary and I can't find a match in Nickel.

I have found that Deltana makes a hinge that matches the pattern but they don't carry it in Nickel, or at least the vendors on-line don't offer it in Nickel.

Here is a link to the hinge:
https://www.amazon.com/Deltana-S44R5.../dp/B00772VP4Y

Link to spring loaded version:
https://deltana.net/catalog/steel-st...l-listed/print

Needs to be 4 x 4 x w/5/8 inch Radius and have a "Bench Mark" hole pattern.
The spring-loaded (self-closing) version that I removed from on of the doors has a brand name of "Boomer", and the non spring loaded hinges have brand name of "Seigles".

From what I can tell, BenchMark is a door manufacture with a specific/proprietary hole pattern that only a handful hinge manufactures make.

I need a few that are spring loaded and some that are not.

If anyone could help me find a version of these hinges in Nickel, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Just tell your wife the current hinges are really just fine- and that
reflected glare from those new ones would make her look 10 years older
and 20 pounds heavier.

Problem solved...

--
Women invented grilling to trick men into cooking

Finally broke down and painted the hinges after I cleaned them really well.
The first one looks good !
I did finally find an article on Benchmark doors, appears they filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2016. So my my guess is that all the hinges that are available are surplus inventory ?

Thanks to everyone who contributed.