Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default New network cable appears slower than powerline adapters...

That is aademic in this case, since these are supposedly actual cables made
for the job. I think that you really do have to have a large mismatch in
length and capacitance to make it really misbehave though I don't use the
faster speeds here myself.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 03/05/2020 21:53:20, alan_m wrote:
On 03/05/2020 21:37, Jimk wrote:
We are now.
Thx

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" Wrote in message:
Some network hardware not as tolerant perhaps, though the whole idea is
that
the cable can almost be any bits of wire I assumed. Are we sure the two
joined cables are not faulty.
Brian

Higher speed use more than one pair of wires in a cable so they have to
be matched in length - one pair cannot be significantly longer because
the number of twists are different for instance.

I thought each pair was treated separately, and the 2b bytes on each lane
concatenated. Can you provide a link suggesting I am wrong?