Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Ping Brian: please help

On 03/05/2020 15:24:33, charles wrote:
In article , Fredxx wrote:
On 03/05/2020 14:21:36, Roger Hayter wrote:
Fredxx wrote:

On 03/05/2020 06:54:06, harry wrote:

snip.

The Tory government has realised that the "herd immunity" route would
kill off Tory voters. That had passed my mind. Perhaps we can see why
Labour are keeping quiet about the government's policies.

Now if we obtained herd immunity by allowing the young and fit to
mingle the Tories might have a more certain future.

But their voters would then be enraged (according the Daily Mail the
only emotion their readers commonly feel) by age discriminatory house
arrest.

Now they are a greater number than ever as a proportion on the
population they will have more say. Perhaps their state pensions should
be cut to 80% too.

I wouldn't call it house arrest, just an option to avoid mingling and
consequential death.

but it's not an option.

Currently not an option for anyone because of the NHS and the numbers
they can cope with. As the lock-down becomes less draconian, it
will/should become a matter of choice.