Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Well that actually works better than expected

On 28/04/2020 21:48, John Rumm wrote:
Going back to the cleaning up re-used bricks thread, I tried a lash-up
to turn an angle grinder into a table mounted tool:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tting_sawbench

Used it in anger yesterday, and got a hundred or so bricks cleaned up in
about an hour... then I had no edge left on the diamond disc and no
spare in stock, so waiting for SF to deliver some new ones, to get the
last 50 so so cleaned up.

So the wall fell in a couple of large sections. So I attacked that with
a SDS Max drill to separate out the bricks (broke a few, but not too
many). That left a big pile which I lobbed back on the patio:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...AndPiledup.jpg

After using the saw on them, I got a nice pile of mortar/brick dust:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...fBrickDust.jpg

and a pile of bricks:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...pBrickPile.png

(I managed to cut most cleanly - one or two I ended up taking off a
sliver of brick as well - so those will need a slightly thicker bed of
mortar to put back!)

--
Cheers,

John.