Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default New network cable appears slower than powerline adapters...

I bit the bullet & ran some network cables revently
to get away
from using power line plugs.
I had some long patch cables in stock so threaded those through.

One through a gigabit switch, serves 2 raspberry pis running cctv .

When connected by dlink300av powerline adaptors the data
throughput seems higher than the new cable, with smoother
playback of recorded events & no lag.

Switch to the cable & it's very different & slower.... I was
hoping it would be at least as good if not quicker?

(The cable is in reality two CAT5 patch cables joined with a
straight through connector. Initially with a moderately priced
cat6 labelled connector it didn't work, with a cheapo but still
called cat6 connector it does, sort of, see above).

Next steps to resolve please?
TIA

--
Jimk