Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Connecting polypipe to lead pipe

In message , at 08:18:57 on Sun, 3 May
2020, Andy Burns remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:

My solution so far has been to install a polypipe from roughly where
the camera is, to outside where the lead pipe starts heading for the
street.

Have you already dug down to the lead pipe at this proposed MDPE
junction, got a photo of that bit? are the plumbers fears of it being
squished justified?

The groundworks chap did. I'm trying hard not to DIY this, having
commissioned, with a substantial 5-figure sum, a builder to arrange
everything. But the builder has furloughed all his staff[1], and they
didn't have anything I'd recognise as a useful project manager
involved even to begin with.

Which even before the lockdown meant I was having to brief the subbys
because otherwise they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing.

In the mean time, the groundworks chap has filled up the hole with
earth, and the plumber flatly refuses to do any digging.

[1] One of the reasons I chose this builder was because his literature
says all the work is done by full-time employees. But that's a
battle for another day.
--
Roland Perry