Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Connecting polypipe to lead pipe

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Good for you - but then it wasn't illegal then. I'd not blame Roland's
contractor for declining to go that route.

Before perpetuating the fallacy it would be a good idea to provide
evidence it is illegal.

'They' certainly banned leaded solder for end feed fittings on potable
water pipe.

I'd guess some simply decided it applied to anything and everything.

Like the plumber telling my next door neighbour only an approved fitter
can change her cooker. Even if electric.

--
*Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.