Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No spark (distributor question)

Well and 'the boy' wants to mod an old lawn tractor.

George H.

==========================

There are "Lawn", "Yard" and "Garden" tractors, in order of increasing
ruggedness. That is a Garden tractor with a substantial ladder frame and a
low range in the manual transmission, meant to pull a small plow behind or
carry a dozer blade or snow blower attachment on the front. The rear ag
tires are the same size as the original turf treads. I started with a Lawn
tractor whose stamped sheet metal chassis disintegrated from the stress of
pulling that trailer through the woods. My neighbor has a Yard tractor with
more HP but significantly less pulling power than mine.

I also inherited the 2005 replacement for that 1987 tractor. It differs from
a Yard tractor in not having mulching or bagger attachments. Neither turns
tightly enough to be a really good lawn mower. That's fine, I don't have a
really good lawn.