Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default No spark (distributor question)

On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 8:15:11 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Right. Sorry. I read stuff. (Even in the service manual.) And it makes
no sense to me. I move on in the hope that it will make sense in the
future.

============================
https://nobelcoaching.com/visual-or-verbal-learner/
"It is more effective for everyone to absorb information when it is
presented both visually and verbally, but what if the lectures consist of
speech only?"

Which is the problem we face when writing explanations in text-only r.c.m.

I'm by nature a visual learner and have difficulty reducing multidimensional
concepts to linear text, so I practice here. Scientists and engineers
explain things to each other by sketching and are nearly helpless when they
can't.

At a Mensa meeting the speaker dropped into a boring monotone and then
suddenly said ELEPHANT, and asked us what immediately came to mind. Everyone
but me reported either the word or an image. I was the only one who saw
both, a captioned color picture of an elephant pulling down a tree branch.

Yeah I'm totally a visual learner*. A exploded view of all my
tractor parts.. (or just the distributor (D)) would be a wonderful
thing. After soaking over night I put some vise grips on the
D's rotating shaft and got it to give a bit.. but it's tight.
I found this oil plug felt, top center of shaft and maybe I can
blow some air down in there?

George H.
*words are slippery things, they slip and flip around on the
way from my brain to my voice, and from my ears / eyes to my brain.