Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best directions ever - one for Bill Wright

Taxi, or to be more precise private hire drivers, seem to get totally
confused round my way. OK the sat nav tells them they destinated, but since
both sides of the road have parked cars, nobody in the street in a car can
see the house numbers, as the cars are in the way. I strongly suspect the
only way out would be a very tall pole in the front garden with an
illuminated number, but the local yobs would see this as a challenge.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"NY" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
ARW wrote:
It's a house in Fishlake on Trundle Lane.

My directions were "It's got a caravan on the drive and it's on a left
hand bend so it will not be hard to find"

No house number no house name..

My brother's house has no number or street name. Basically, the new part
of the town grew up around it. But has its own post code.

How are letters addressed to him? Does he give his contact address in the
form "Fred Bloggs, Town, Postcode", and let the local postmen decode the
postcode into the relevant postman's round? What happens if you go onto
the Royal Mail website and do a reverse lookup from his postcode to the
matching address(es)? Are there no matching addresses in his case?