Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Recommendations for brand of leaf blower gutter cleanerattachment combination

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 10:47:31 AM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 10:44:27 AM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
Interesting. A water hose attachment hadn't occurred to me, might be worth a try.

I did have FlipClean give me an estimate. This is a system with hinged gutters that flip upside down and dump everything. But they wanted $4200 for my small (30 x 50) house.

One of the things that make cleaning tedious are the gutter spike connections. I use a scoop normally but running into those spikes means pushing underneath. It seems to me if we used an angle bracket underneath the gutter would be much more secure, and with no obstructions there would be more options for cleaning. You could even get a robot in there.

I decided on the Toro gutter cleaning attachment and ordered it and a Toro model leaf blower that they claim it fits. I needed a new leaf blower anyway. So I'll give it a test soon.

I have a couple of colleges who bought the Flipclean despite the price, and love it. I'm considering it. But, I'll see how this goes, since the roof is coming up to probably replacement time and that tends to mess up the gutter systems.