Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default ?Q?_OT:_Salon_Owner_Rips_Up_Cita?=?Q?tion_and_Defies_Order_to_Remain_?=

"Muggles" wrote in message
On 4/28/2020 6:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Grab you scissors and go see her. Give her a little trim and brushing.
It will be good for her.

She lives out of state, and I wouldn't pick up scissors to cut anyone's
hair with my hand tremors.

I have mixed feeling on that. Some of the nursing homes and assisted
living facilities had a lot of deaths from the C19. Problem is, it was
brought in by staff in most cases. If your MIL says she is willing to
take a chance, good for her but in places like that it spreads fast. If
it could be controlled with a specific hairdresser that is tested, maybe
OK.

She goes out to grocery shop when she can get a ride to the store, so
getting her hair done is kind of a moot point as far as being totally
isolated.

Wrong. She is much closer to the hairdresser for much longer with the
hairdresser touching her for much longer than any grocer will ever do.

AT 95, she should be allowed pretty much anything she wants. You just
have to take precautions that she does not take a dozen others with her.
If that can be done, I'm all for it. Now you said you don't want to be
tested. This is a situation that can be beneficial to your family.
Should the hairdresser refuse testing?

Frankly, I don't think anyone should be tested against their will.
Often those tests have false positives/negatives, and often don't detect
someone has the virus on the first try, anyway. It's a waste of time.

As for stand alone shops, the operators have to understand the risk and
the customers have to understand the risk.

I'm sure they stand alone shop operator's are grown adults and have the
ability to decide what they want to do w/o others telling them what they
should do.

More fool you.