Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joshua Snow Joshua Snow is offline

Default Getting a part used stick out of a hot glue gun

"Tim+" wrote in message
David wrote:
Internet search is not my friend.

Standard procedure if you are using the same glue type is just to put a
new glue stick in and push the old one through as you use it up.

I need to change from wood glue to general purpose glue.

Is there a way to get the old stick out and preserve at least some of it
for future use?
Without buggering up the gun, of course.

Or is this a waste of thought and effort as the glue sticks are cheap?

I dont know if mine is a particularly poor design

Yes it is.

but it dribbles
incontinently most of the time.

None of mine have ever done that.

I would have thought that just leaving it
on for 30 minute say with the nozzle pointing downwards would result in
the
glue just running out.

Tim

--