Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Getting a part used stick out of a hot glue gun

Tim+ wrote:
David wrote:
Internet search is not my friend.

Standard procedure if you are using the same glue type is just to put a
new glue stick in and push the old one through as you use it up.

I need to change from wood glue to general purpose glue.

Is there a way to get the old stick out and preserve at least some of it
for future use?
Without buggering up the gun, of course.

Or is this a waste of thought and effort as the glue sticks are cheap?

I dont know if mine is a particularly poor design but it dribbles
incontinently most of the time. I would have thought that just leaving it
on for 30 minute say with the nozzle pointing downwards would result in the
glue just running out.

Also, if the wood glue sticks are visually different then Im sure youll
spot when the new glue is coming through.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls