Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Brick Anchor

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 17:10:38 -0400, Hawk wrote:

On 4/29/2020 3:42 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:59:01 -0700 (PDT), Bob Simon
wrote:

I need to permanently mount a piece of art work (around 10 pounds) on an outside brick wall. I see there are a variety of different types of anchors like double expansion shield, sleeve anchor, wedge anchor. What type would you recommended for this application?
Thanks!
Bob Simon

I'd just throw in a couple of tapcons, myself. - Likely 4 - one on
each corner if there iaa chance of wind catching it. A single tapcon
would be more than strong enough - a 3/16X1 holds a minimum of 600
lbs pull and 720 lb shear.

Yep, that was what I would have suggested.

BTW, if you use Tapcons, use soap, wax or some form of lube when
screwing in the Tapcon screw and edge it slowly. Much also depends if
you hit the mortar or the brick but either way, it enters much easier.

And for crying out loud, USE THE IMPACT DRIVER,