Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Simon[_2_] Bob Simon[_2_] is offline

Default Brick Anchor

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 2:42:21 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:59:01 -0700 (PDT), Bob Simon
wrote:

I need to permanently mount a piece of art work (around 10 pounds) on an outside brick wall. I see there are a variety of different types of anchors like double expansion shield, sleeve anchor, wedge anchor. What type would you recommended for this application?
Thanks!
Bob Simon

I'd just throw in a couple of tapcons, myself. - Likely 4 - one on
each corner if there iaa chance of wind catching it. A single tapcon
would be more than strong enough - a 3/16X1 holds a minimum of 600
lbs pull and 720 lb shear.

Thank you. I just looked at a video on how to install these and, as you said, it seems like they will work great for my little project. And, YES, we sometimes get quite a bit of wind here in New Orleans!