Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob LaFrance Bob LaFrance is offline

Default rebar for hanging street lights - bad idea?

I live in New Hampshire (The Granite State) and have a very long driveway. I am looking at putting up 18 street lamps along the driveway. Bases will be made of concrete as difficult to dig here.

I am thinking to have 1/2" rebar bent into J shape and hanging light fixture at end. Radius would be about 5'. I think the rebar will dance a little in the wind and should have a nice visual effect.

I am concerned that rebar might not be able to stand up tho as it isn't constructed of high grade steel.

Any thoughts?

thanks
Bob