Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Brick Anchor

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:59:01 -0700 (PDT), Bob Simon
wrote:

I need to permanently mount a piece of art work (around 10 pounds)
on an outside brick wall. I see there are a variety of different types
of anchors like double expansion shield, sleeve anchor, wedge anchor.
What type would you recommended for this application?
Thanks!
Bob Simon

10 pounds isn't very heavy. If the artwork isn't subject to catching
strong winds or other such mechanical forces - anything will work.
My 100 ft. rubber garden hose is hung on 2 smallish screws into
cheap plastic brick anchors and it becomes a whole lot heavier
when filling watering cans while most of it is still on the hanger.
If you are really worried - use a bracket or backplate with
2 or 3 screws.
John T.