Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Well that actually works better than expected

On 29/04/2020 10:49, newshound wrote:
On 28/04/2020 21:48, John Rumm wrote:
Going back to the cleaning up re-used bricks thread, I tried a lash-up
to turn an angle grinder into a table mounted tool:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tting_sawbench

Well that is something I have never done (yet) with an angle grinder. I
particularly liked the simple fabricated adaptor on the handle to make
clamping mechanism.

To be fair it would probably be a bit more elegant using a bolt rather
than the side handle, but I have not got anything in stock with that
size (just under 14mm) or pitch (even if it does mean assembly is tool
free. Alas you have to do it in situ on the workmate since you can't get
the AG though the opening in the workmate when fitted to the table.

--
Cheers,

John.