Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default One for Bill? TV Coax splitter

On 28/04/2020 11:11, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I sometimes wear Bluetooth headphones paired to a LG TV for noisy
films so as not to annoy SWAMBO watching TV in the other room. What I
have noticed is you are more aware of the background noises such as
people talking in the background or traffic noise. I do not know if
this is a feature of a 5.1 audio system as I have never had or heard
one but takes some getting used to not to mention annoying at times.

Its fair to say that there is a whole world of sound present on most
film soundtracks which is pretty much inaudible on a typical set of TV
speakers. Feed it into better quality reproduction equipment and it
becomes noticeable.

That is were a 5.1 system will win over headphones, in that it can keep
the dialogue nicely pinned to the centre speaker(s), with all the
ambient stuff elsewhere in the 3D soundstage.

--
Cheers,

John.