Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What are these steel channels I see attached to electric poles?

On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 8:46:59 AM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
So if it is infinitely strong, it has the same effect as shortening the pole by 5 feet. I'm skeptical they do much. I haven't seen any in my area, but they're pretty quick to replace poles on schedule.

I think the real effect is that if it's infinitely strong, it replaces the
deteriorating lower section of the pole, including the part that's starting
to rot in the ground. I would expect there would be data showing it works.
It would be stupid for utility companies to be doing it on a wing and a prayer.
It still must cost a considerable sum, but much less than the cost of a new pole.