Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default One for Bill? TV Coax splitter

On 28/04/2020 11:39, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 02:11:27 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

My amp is in our bedroom cupboard because the aerial is in the loft.
Nice an easy to get at. ;-)

I have an amp on the aerial mast, then a 10m run of coax to the upstairs
airing cupboard where it was a nice easy place to put the amp PSU and a
multiway splitter (and a good central place to run all the feeds from).

Zakly.

This was my whole point about a bit of planning and how some people
just seem to just 'do' (and worry about any knock-on consequences of
the potential lack of deeper consideration later, or leave it for
someone else ...) and how others try to consider all eventualities and
work with them in mind, the 'what if' stuff.

Yup, I like a good think before a job. However that does not stop one
doing something and then later thinking, "why did I not do X instead?",
it would have been so much easier!

I think it all comes from the work ethic that starts 'think thrice,
measure twice ...' and whilst it traditionally ends 'cut once', it
could also be 'tile once', fir distribution amp once but also easy
access for servicing', 'fit CH pump once but where you can get to it
without having to take the cylinder out' etc etc.

Daughter is (also) a thinker and suffers (anxiety) because of it and
sometimes we both wish we weren't. We wish we could approach tasks
like many do, 'a bull in a china shop', 'fools rush in' ... but we
can't.

The paralysis of analysis.

'You are selling that, can't you just paint over the rust ..?', no, we
can't, we would rather leave the rust than waste time and effort
bodging it up and at least the buyer can see it 'warts and all'.

Leaving something like that means that it doesn't get our signature on
it, it is what it is etc.

'Whatever you do do, do do well'. ;-)

Yup, the irony being that you are probably more likely to put up with a
bodge on something you are keeping.

--
Cheers,

John.