Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for Bill? TV Coax splitter

On 28/04/2020 12:26, Tim Lamb wrote:
TV stereo sound is new to me and with age related hearing
frequency/volume issues slightly disturbing. Are you saying that
earphones will never give a balanced reproduction or that I need better
equipment?

I suppose the old Westerns etc. that I watch would not have been
produced with stereo anyway. A bit disconcerting to have the left ear
full of some *stage left* police siren but nothing apparent to the right
ear.

Stereo sound from a TV, or a TV with close speakers will be such that
for example right channel only sound will appear to come from the right
hand (or slightly beyond) screen edge.

In a pair of headphones it will appear to be directly from your right
with no front component at all.

Headphones need a little knob to introduce crosstalk ...

--
€œIdeas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith