Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default One for Bill? TV Coax splitter

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 13:52:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

I have always been rather puzzled as to why TV's continue to be
fitted with Belling-Lee sockets.

Something which doesn't latch or lock in position? Same as all other TV
connectors?

There might be one on a Smart TV. ;-)

And an F connector on one with a satellite tuner.

Yup.

Perhaps the Belling Lee
differentiates between them?

Possibly.

But how many might be rather annoyed to buy a replacement TV from a
supermarket etc, only to discover their aerial no longer plugs in?

It's often like that now with amplifiers but I'm not sure how many
'ordinary people' would be playing with such (and the pros would have
the right connectors in any case)?

Funnily enough I was faced with just this scenario a while back,
helping a family friend. Traced a lost TV signal back to a loft
mounted amp and (of course) the best quality / VFM replacement we
could get easily had F Type connectors.

Why doesn't everyone fitting these things put them where you can work
on them easily? ;-(

Cheers, T i m