Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Sony tuners.

One issue with Freeview is that many of the feeds on there ar mono these
days. If you want stereo world service and some of the commercial ones then
internet is the only way, For stereo bbc local stations, then fm and dab and
internet are the way to go depending on where you are of course. For
r4extra, internet again.
I do wish the powers that be would try to sort out the complicated mono
and stereo feeds, in my view, providing stereo over freeview should be a no
brainer and not use a lot of bandwidth.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I have a sound system at home which goes to every room. Bit like a hotel
one. 4 radio services.

Was installed many years ago - long before Alexa and similar. But as
decent quality as the amps and speakers used in each room.

Used to have a mixture of tuners. AM, FM, and DAB. To get all my favourite
stations. Now, since FreeView has them all, Sony VTX-D800U TV tuners, used
audio only. And like a lot of older Sony stuff, very well made. Likely
about 20 years old and on 24/7. Bought used from likely a hotel system.

Last summer in the heat, a couple died. PS faults. They are in a roof
space which gets pretty hot in the sun. Turned out to be the SMPS IC.
Bought a few spares and got them going again.

One died recently. Thought I still had a spare IC but couldn't find it.

Looked on Ebay, and some complete tuners on offer. Put in a very low bid
on two of them, and won them both.

Should have enough to see me out. ;-)

--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.