The Rock Garden

Default How to keep raccoons away

"Richard Cline" wrote

You may speak for the animal control where you worked but you do not
speak for all animal control agencies. Our local control will release
the animal several miles from its capture point.

How do you know this - for sure? I'm not saying that this may not be the
case somewhere but it sure would be the exception, plus being just plain
stupid. Several miles from the capture point may be in my back yard and I
(purely as an example) sure don't need any more coons who are into predation
'round these parts, plus the chance of importing various diseases such as
scabies, parvo, rabies, etc. If you have a problem - deal with it - don't
export it to another area for someone else to have to solve for you.

A retired game warden hunting buddy of mine used to get called out on road
injured deer and every time there were yuppies and/or children involved he
would tell them he was going to take the injured deer to the "deer
hospital." Until they left the scene...

Skip

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN