Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sony tuners.

I have a sound system at home which goes to every room. Bit like a hotel
one. 4 radio services.

Was installed many years ago - long before Alexa and similar. But as
decent quality as the amps and speakers used in each room.

Used to have a mixture of tuners. AM, FM, and DAB. To get all my favourite
stations. Now, since FreeView has them all, Sony VTX-D800U TV tuners, used
audio only. And like a lot of older Sony stuff, very well made. Likely
about 20 years old and on 24/7. Bought used from likely a hotel system.

Last summer in the heat, a couple died. PS faults. They are in a roof
space which gets pretty hot in the sun. Turned out to be the SMPS IC.
Bought a few spares and got them going again.

One died recently. Thought I still had a spare IC but couldn't find it.

Looked on Ebay, and some complete tuners on offer. Put in a very low bid
on two of them, and won them both.

Should have enough to see me out. ;-)

--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.