Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default How to lift dried brass polish out of crevices

GB wrote:

On 05/04/2020 13:01, ARW wrote:
On 05/04/2020 12:55, GB wrote:
On 05/04/2020 07:18, Chris Hogg wrote:

So what is wrong with using a pressure washer? It's brass, so unless
it's something particularly delicate, it won't be damaged. A pressure
washer would do quite well. Explain your intemperate outburst.

If it's fully supported, a pressure washer might be okay. If it's not
supported, a pressure washer could turn a tray into a bowl.

I suspect that, although Daniele did not say this, it's an antique of
some sort. Even if not, it may represent many hours of craftsmanship,
and he wants to find a gentle yet effective method that will ease the
old polish out of the decoration.

She.

He, actually. It's an Italian male name.

This is him, the one in a smart suit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4X2ZgZvsk

Here's a video with an improved mechanical design, and no need to
execute spectacular saves in the face of robotics live demo glitches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Jh1daCl60.

I think I mentioned the project here befo
https://www.brachiograph.art.

Daniele