Old Salty Frog

Default Air Conditioning Repair

Thanks for responding Jeff

No the unit was not running and therefore the compressor is saved.
I did not know that you have to ad access valves. Well maybe I'll
forget the repair all together..........Now, does any one know how
to make a small air compressing unit out of this mistake so that
I can recoupe from my clumsy mistake.

Gill

Hope you where not trying to add some drain holes to the unit!

Of course, the refrigerant leaked all out. Is my air conditioner
ruined?

Not healthy

The hole would be covered up with something stronger than regular
solder since the operating and static pressures in the window a/c are
super high. Take the unit to local repair shop for an est. Hope the
unit was not ran with a hole in the tubing as this could damage the
compressor. This type of work would probably start out around
$100-150.00
The repair would be to weld up the hole, flush out the tubing inside,
add access valves, evacuate the system and recharge if you other leaks
are found.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/